Sunday, April 12, 2015

The One & Only

Having a son has changed my whole world. Little did i know how much of a handful it would be. I lost  my inner self a long the way. It has been one year and I don't even know what i like anymore, let alone who i am. I don't know if this has happened to you or you have experienced this feeling i am going through of truly discovering who i am, but i am here to share my story so it can inspire anyone who has lost themselves, to find themselves again.


I was so focused on my son & my husband it wasn't about me anymore. It was all about them. Marriage is a funny thing. We tend to think the other person has it better but i disagree. In my marriage i think we are at different times in our life where i choose to be a stay at home mom, while he is the father and goes to work & school. We both need to support each other as much as we can. Accept each other fully and completely. 
The world will tell you that once you have kids & a spouse you have to be completely selfless. My mother is one of my heroes. She put 100% into us kids, & was completely selfless. Coming to terms, i realized that her decision to sacrifice so much wasn't the best option for her in the end. Neither am i going to make that same decision for me.
Not that i don't care about my family. Not that i regret having my son. But because i want to teach him to stay true to himself. Disregarding what people tell him. What the society standards are. I want him to make his own decisions and to be strong. To know what he stands for and what he believes in. So i must too be true to myself.
While accepting a challenge for Instagram, i am taking one picture every day out of 100 days. It is called the "100HappyDays Challenge".  It is not just picutres of my son, but of things i love or what i used to love doing before i had him, discovering my hobbies again. Which led to this unique idea of a discovery blog. 
My point is this, we need to figure out who we are personally before we spend so much time into our kids & spouses. We lose ourselves & lose the focus of what we really want to teach our Kids. 
So this is my journey as a wife as a mother of "Finding Lauren". 
Not going with the trends, not going with what other mothers tell me to do, not going off my parents & my sibblings, not always agreeing to what my husband likes but finding my inner self and being at peace. Embracing every moment and every opportunity my father in heaven has to give me. To appreciate the beauty in life, in all things we can be. To truly be a daughter of God. 

{"You may think the grass is greener on the other side. But if you take time to water your own grass it would be just as green"}