Thursday, September 17, 2015

Calm Before the Storm

Part of being a mother comes with self love. Yesterday I watched a video about not spanking your children & I have today that it opened my heart & mind. Becoming a mom has been challenging for one of two reasons. When I got pregnant with Tayson it wasn't really a happy phone call to my parents telling them I found the one I love & I am having a baby with him. It was disappointing to quit a few members in my family. Second, Tayson was a couple seconds away from being adopted because of what people where telling me & I almost didn't believe in myself & lastly I've been fighting to prove everyone wrong that I can & am a good mother & they where wrong what they have said about Kade & I.
You see I was so worried about all of this I forgot the most important aspect their is to being a mother which is self love. If I had more self love & more of a soft heart instead of being so defensive & building up my walls & worrying what the whole world thinks of me, I would have been more successful in being kind & soft spoken.
To say the least, I do not believe in spanking. I do not believe in raising my voice, I do not believe in cruelty punishments. I will simply love with all things.
This will definitely not be a walk in the park, I know it won't! I am not patient & I like to say things only once. Hence, I am practicing on my yelling with Kade, ha.
I feel if I call the storm, then it will calm my peers storm. Being a mother has been so challenging but her so rewarding to know Tayson has so much love for me, to know he has loved me his whole life & despite the very short amount of time he has had here on this earth, I will never let another memory of his leave him with stories of spnakings or times I yelled at him. I will always be soft & kind. Period.